“If you listen to what you know instinctively, it will always lead you down the right path” – Henry Winkler
Today, I want to talk about our inner voice and how we express it out into the world.
So first of all, our voice is associated with our throat. The Throat Chakra is one of the energy centers in our body and it relates to our Voice. But what many people don’t realize is that this energy center channels down the shoulders into the hands. These are our creative channels. So when I talk about creativity and voice – I mean much more than our verbal expression and vocalization. Your “voice” is what gives power to your creations in life. It gives the spice of who you are when you are interacting with others. Is it traditional creativity like art and writing OR just what speaks from your heart? For example – planting flowers in the yard, volunteer work or date night with your partner?
Stifling your “voice” also shuts down your ability to create your dreams and yearnings into reality of your daily life. IN essence are you listening to the inner critical voice or your inner wisdom voice? My inner wisdom voice is exactly the opposite of my inner critic. “The Judge” is the voice that drives me to be hypercritical of myself and tells me that I am never enough. This voice in my mind is very effective in shutting down my happy, inspired and creative inner child.
So how do we open these creative channels again?
- Journal some ideas that you have always wanted to do.
- Pick just one – and do it! It can be small to get you started.
- Buy an adult coloring book, some markers and pencils and spend some time coloring.
- Play with pastel chalk on black construction paper – This is one of my favorites!!
- Get outside and take yourself or with the dog for a walk in a different neighborhood, hiking trail or whatever you have available.
- Record yourself reading stories to your young grandkids or nieces/nephews, buy a copy of the book – send them a package in snail mail.
- Take a cooking class
- Form a walking/hiking/biking/riding group
It is time to begin creating the life experience you have been yearning for. You are not too old, too sick or too poor – find some small way to allow yourself outward expression into the world.
Your voice matters! You are the only one that can create what is in your heart!
p.s. The kittens in this picture are just darn cute and I just love how creative cats are in getting exactly what they want! haha